Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice for a Secret Service career?

I am an 18 year old senior in high school and I have always been interested in a career in law enforcement. I have decided to set my goals on the Secret Service. I have been Home Schooled for most of my life, with the exception of my freshman year of high school having been at public school. My plans for college are to go to community college for my freshman and sophomore year to get my prerequisites out of the way (the CC in my area is ranked 2nd in the nation) and then to transfer to a four year school to finish out my last two years with a law enforcement degree. I have been swimming year round on a USA swim team for the past 3 years (seasons last from September through July 30) in this time I have earned several A and AA times in my events. I plan to keep up my swimming career through the two years that I will be attending community college.





Does anyone have any advice for me as to what I should major in in college? I am an average to above average student, and I would like to go in to the Emergency Response Team of the Uniformed Officer Division. I have looked at the requirements on the SS website and it says that all I need to qualify at the entry level is a high school diploma. But I figured that I should be better prepared than that which is why I would like to major in some sort of Criminal Justice. So if anyone has any advice for me I would greatly Appreciate it.








I also plan to swim with the college swim team once I transfer to a four year school.Advice for a Secret Service career?
Skip the Law Enforcement Degree.





The Secret Service doesn't care what your degree is in, as long as it's from a good school.





You might major in Accounting or finance, as they investigate financial crimes. New agents aren't put protecting people right away.
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment