Saturday, July 31, 2010

Student lawn care service, would someone give me some advice?

Hi there,





With spring here and summer fast approaching I was thinking about starting a simple lawn care service in my neighborhood.





I already have my own lawn mower and edge trimmer so I won't need to buy any of that.





What I would like to know is how much I should charge. I want to charge a relatively cheap price, as I am a student, but still make some money.





I was thinking a certain price for:


Small Lawn: ???


Middle Sized Lawn: ???


Large Lawn: ???


Weed Lawn: ???





Any advice?





Thanks in advance!Student lawn care service, would someone give me some advice?
I would charge by the size of the yard, not by the hour as if you are efficient you can knock them out quickly. I think the going rate in my neighborhood is around $35 (I charge $2 when I was a kid). Single women are the best ones to approach but you will have a hard time getting new business now that the season has started, many people will have already hired someone. Do a good job and you can charge a premium, trim, don't leave grass on the driveway or walk and ask if they are satisfied with your work of if they would give you some advice how to improve it.





People don't mind paying a little more for good service. You may also want to look into dethatching yards. You could line up a few houses and rent a machine. You can charge big bucks for that but you will have to get rid of all the thatch you pull up, not an easy thing to dispose of.Student lawn care service, would someone give me some advice?
you should charge by the hour and for senior citizens give them a discount i have started a lawn service myself and i have found that the easiest way rather then charge by the yard i go 15 dollars an hour and seniors 10 dollars an hour...this way it counts for the labor and the fuel..

No comments:

Post a Comment