Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice/suggestions on hotel etiquette, room-service, reception, front-office and house-keeping etiquette?

Dear sirs,


I am going to lecture on hotel etiquette, as well as room-service, house-keeping, front-office and reception etiquettes. I have collected some materials, however, I wish to get more ideas, advices and suggestions even expectations on that issues, to enrich it further.


I thank you very much in advance


Ali M. Bidarmaghz


www.ambidar.comAny advice/suggestions on hotel etiquette, room-service, reception, front-office and house-keeping etiquette?
Dear Mr. Bidarmaghz,


I love your question!





Front Desk / Front Office Etiqutte:


- Eye contact is a must.


- Always acknowledge your guest with a hello/good morning/good afternoon/etc. and a smile.


- Always say ';thank you';, ';please';, and ';you're welcome.';


- When a customer is waiting in line at the front desk, let them know someone will be with them momentarily.


- When you are available to see the next person in line, DO NOT say ';I can take whoever is next'; when it's obvious who's next in line. This drives me crazy!!Any advice/suggestions on hotel etiquette, room-service, reception, front-office and house-keeping etiquette?
Guests should always be given a warm welcome, and use the guest name whenever possible. The staff should always try to respond, if not anticipate guest needs. The staff should always respond positively to guest requests, and find solutions to guest issues. No one wants to hear, ';no, I'll try, I'll see if it's possible'; or ';I'll get back to you';. A guest wants to hear, ';certainly, of course, it will be my pleasure.';

No comments:

Post a Comment