Saturday, July 31, 2010

I would like to start a youth service at my church...any advice?

I'm only 16 years old and I think I have some great ideas to get a youth service going but my church is super small with only a few kids so I was thinking about talking to my friends about starting our own service once a week or every other week and making it open to kids all over my city.....I feel that this is really bold and I'm a bit scared and don't know where to start but feel like I have to do this.....Any help?I would like to start a youth service at my church...any advice?
Please don't brainwash kids with that non-sense. It's ridiculous. please open a youth center for less fortunate kids. That's worth it and I promise that I will greatly respect you for doing so.





If you open a church, you'll be only spreading a lie to kids and make more kids dumb ... this is the worst thing you can ever do. Please don't do that ... for the humanity's sakeI would like to start a youth service at my church...any advice?
Teach others the beginnings of your religion. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vm_wh-84鈥?/a>
Talk to your pastor and get the official backing of your church.
1. Find some other kids that would be interested; get a commitment.





2. Contact your pastor %26amp; set up a time to talk to him (make sure you schedule something)





3. Go with 1-2 of your interested friends and ask for his help.





4. Find an adult to mentor the group, you just need a volunteer. Ask your pastor for a recommendation of someone to approach, or if he thinks it would be a good idea to make an announcement. A good pastor will be excited about youth wanting to do more. But just to be warned: An experienced pastor may be skeptical of your commitment. Expect this so it doesn't blindside you and hurt you.





5. If you don't get any help from your pastor and can't find a mentor, just do it yourselves.





Get a study guide and just do it. There are TONS of good study guides %26amp; devotional series out there, and you will be the best judge of what you and your friends would be interested in. If you need some ideas, contact me via the messaging system here and I'll check my bookshelf at home, I have a bunch of old ones to give you some ideas, I just can't recall the titles right now.





1 Tim 4:12 ';Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.';





Don't let the people here get you down, but don't feel sorry for them either. Just leave them be and don't expect them to pay you the same courtesy. That way you won't be disappointed.
Call 911 quick!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment