Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I think i might want to join the ntnal guard to become an officer, im prior service, so is my wife,any advice?

Each state has it's own OCS program. Here in Texas, it is a very hard course. We don't accept just anybody for an Officer.





Normally, it's one weekend per month, but don't think that is all that is required. You will need to DEVOTE time to studing and preparing your uniforms for you next drill.





There is a summer camp and the chance for an excellerated program. but don't hold your breath. Most people take the full 18 months to complete.





Your commission is thru the state and will not transfer to the Active Duty U.S. Army.I think i might want to join the ntnal guard to become an officer, im prior service, so is my wife,any advice?
If you were prior service that would have been pointed out to you when you got outI think i might want to join the ntnal guard to become an officer, im prior service, so is my wife,any advice?
If you were prior service, what on earth would you need to know?
TALK, TALK, TALK. You and your wife have to make this decision not just you. You don't say if you have any kids but all of this needs to be talked out with every bit of honesty you have in you. Then talk to your family and hers, include them in your plans. Don't just drop it on them, partly because every night on the news is another soldier coming home in a box, families are so scared. I know one woman who will not answer her door, she makes her roommate answer it. She has 2 boys and 2 girls in the service and her fear is becoming crippling to her. She's in therapy for it but it's rough on her. I won't give you an opinion as I would still be in uniform myself if I could. My health made me come home, and I would have reenlisted at 911 in a heartbeat, problem is they would have shown me the door once they picked themself up off the floor from laughing. It might have something to do with my cane. :-) But seriously either decision has to be made together. Thanks for what you both have already done, and if you do join the Guard may the hand of God cover and protect you each day.... check my Yahoo name. I'm a female vet and came home in '75

No comments:

Post a Comment