Saturday, July 31, 2010

I would like some advice i was misquoted on a service for my car and am being threatened?

When I asked about a service for my 2 year old Renault Clio I was quoted 拢120- 拢150, however when I went to pick the car up the bill was 拢250 as the (to quote) ';parts on the car were difficult to get to';. I paid the first 拢150 as this was the maximum cast he had quoted me. I now owe him 拢100 he says but I can not afford (and don't want to) pay it as I don't think this is fair and very unprofessional and bad working practice. When I asked Renault what a service would have cost with them they said 拢200 which I would rather have had done with the manufacturer if I would have known it would be that much. Please give me some advice as he now is saying if I don't pay he will have to remove the parts from my car, thanks very muchI would like some advice i was misquoted on a service for my car and am being threatened?
If your quote was only verbal not written, there's not a whole lot you'll be able to do about it. However, for a written quote, they have to get approval from the owner of the car (you) to do work that exceeds their price quote. This approval then needs to be noted, dated, and signed (by the person obtaining your approval) on their work order. Because they failed to do so, you are not responsible for anything above the quoted price. As to whether or not they'll release the car to you with the parts still attached, you might want to see a lawyer about that.I would like some advice i was misquoted on a service for my car and am being threatened?
Then you tell him you will sue him for quoting you one price and charging another!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment