Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice for Small Business -- Quickbooks, Payroll Service and CPA questions?

My family owns a business with about 350 employees. I am in the process of firing our Acct Dept (all family members) -- bills are not being paid, bad attitudes in front of staff, etc.





I am trying to figure out how difficult it would be for me to step in and manage that Dept -- even if it is only temporarily.





We currently have a CPA firm (highly recommended and $$) and our payroll is process by an outside agency. Our company also has Quickbooks, but I don't think our Acct Dept is using it at all. They turned in an imcomplete and incorrect bill log to me that was made in Excel (probably right after I asked for it).





I would like to use Quickbooks and the CPA firm only. I'm questioning the need for the payroll processing firm considering that we have QB and the CPA.





Any advice?Advice for Small Business -- Quickbooks, Payroll Service and CPA questions?
Hi, I work at Intuit (maker of QuickBooks). Since you already have QuickBooks, we have payroll options that will integrate with QuickBooks if you'd like to process the payroll yourself. Here are our options (including video tutorials):





1. QuickBooks Basic Payroll: http://payroll.intuit.com/payroll_servic鈥?/a>





2. QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll (currently 30% off): http://payroll.intuit.com/payroll_servic鈥?/a>





Your CPA may also be familiar with these solutions so you could also ask him/her.





Hope this helps!


ChrisAdvice for Small Business -- Quickbooks, Payroll Service and CPA questions?
You managing, ok. You doing, a shipwreck waiting to happen. Have someone from your cpa firm do an audit of exactly where you are and where you are going. Remember, manage, not do. Stick with your payroll processing firm for right now, as that is most likely working.

No comments:

Post a Comment