Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can anyone give me advice about using an online dating service to meet women?

I'm having a tough time knowing if any of the girls I'm talking to online--I'm using eHarmony-- are really serious or not. I may be rushing things too. Initially, there seems to be interest then, after about a week, I usually ask for their phone number, and or AIM screen name, and I don't end up hearing from them again, and I usually either give up or email again, and after that no reply.





Is there some formula or unwritten rule that you can follow to tell if a girl really likes you in an online dating site? I also seem to blow it by being in a rush, how can i come off as not clingy, but interested too?Can anyone give me advice about using an online dating service to meet women?
most girls especcialy online think that you may be not worth there time or some kind of creeper (no offense) if you ask for their # so fast. Try not to rush it and the right girl wil come to you. There isnt a rule but to be yourself ! =] good luck !Can anyone give me advice about using an online dating service to meet women?
It's touchy.....I rush into it as well because i dont want to spend countless, day, weeks, months chatting over eharmony,match,plentyoffish email....it's stupid.


Not only that but you don't really get the feel for a person.


I need answers on this as well.


Good luck to you


Thanks for your answer to mine !!
i don't think there is but its probably best to wait more than a week before asking for their number


i come off as clingy too, its not a bad thing, it just shows that you want more than just a fling x
I guess you need to let them make that move. That would make me uncomfortable if a guy that I met online asked for my number and its only been about a week. You should probably give it more time.
Dont try to meet people off those dating sites. I know 2 women that get on there and all they do is meet the guy get bang banged and never hear from the guy again and they like it that way cuz they're 'loose'. So I guess what Im saying is if you wanna meet a woman to marry the internet is not the right place. Most of the people on those sites want one thing- some nookie. Same thing with myspace. If you wanna try these sites still just talk to the girl and just ask her if she would like to meet or talk on the phone after a few days of chatting. I dont know why they'd be scared away after all they are there to meet a mate so if they seem flakey, which most of those people are, just back off and find one thats not psycho. I reccomend going with some friends to a club or see if they have the match making things like on 40 year old virgin where you go meet singles and stuff in your town...
Ok, heres the thing. Im not sure about Eharmony, but my cousin works for another large dating site. I wont name names, but its another one you have to pay for. Her job is, get this, talking to people (yes girls too) and pretending to be interested. She sends them emails and answers theirs, but as soon as a number, alternate email address, or a messenger screen name is asked for, she has to back off. She told me there are even times when she creates a new profile and talks to the same men. Like I said, I cant say whether eharmony does this or not, but what you are describing sounds exactly like what she does. Here are some free websites----www.plentyoffish.com and www.bookofmatches.com. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment